I have never gone this long without blogging since starting Stories from a Suitcase. My apologies to loyal readers.
To catch you up on our lives here is what we have been up to.
I participated in an interfaith conference from last Friday to this Tuesday. There was a lot of interesting people from all over the Middle East and N. Africa there. The group was a mixture of men and women, who are fighting for human rights in semi-authoritarian regimes. The participants (including myself) were challenged to write grant proposals to the American Islamic Congress to become eligible for money to host inter-faith events. I will be hearing back in a couple weeks if my proposal was accepted or not. Over the conference was okay, but the people participating were amazing. I felt a little out of place at times because I was the only white/ American/ Christian person. Sometimes it is good to see what it feels like to be in the minority.
Other than that, this is the last week of class before finals, so I have had a hellish week full of final projects, quizzes, and tests.
Katie's news is she is planning on taking summer classes through OCC. She is also planning on changing her major to early childhood education since this is what she has always wanted to do. I think it's great because she is amazing with kids.
Zetta is almost crawling. She gets on her belly and goes in a circle. She has also fallen in love with a wooden spoon from the kitchen, along with the practice of trying to climb out of her little pink bathtub. Did I mention she is also as cute as a button?
I hope you all are well. We are going to the beach this weekend with the rest of the church community for a retreat before the much dreaded finals week.
Salaam alikum.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Good to finally hear from you. Sounds like the conference went well then?
ReplyDeleteKatie - obviously a great choice! It will be great to have Zetta while you take ECE classes so that you can see some of the theories and development in action. Sometimes Mike and I apply theories to the boys just for fun (oh man, we are super dorks!).
Zetta - Go girl go! and your cousin, Ray, is obsessed with long handled plastic spoons that we picked up at Rita's this week. We have been keeping them in the car for him. Early this week he fell asleep with the handle of the spoon going through the ring on his binky.