Saturday, May 16, 2009

Crazy Eights


Zetta turned 8 months this week. She can "army crawl", but can't officially "baby crawl" or "bear crawl." These past eight months have been incredible. I am looking forward to many more months with her.

The other Eights are Beck and Moby's 8th studio albums. Can you believe these guys are still making records.



Last Night by Moby

"Good for dancing while doing the dishes." Grade: C+

Modern Guilt by Beck
"I grew bored with it." Grade: C-





Outer South by Conor Oberst and the Mystic Valley Band

"There are some good tracks, but overall it was like a bunch of buddies got together to jam and then recorded it. Conor's last album was a lot better." Grade: C+


In other news I have only 2 more exams (on Monday) and I am officially free for the summer. I did lots of studying this week, along with lots of reading comics to keep me sane. This means I can tell you how many molecules of ATP are produced during oxidative phosphorylation, along with the relational status of Spider-man and Mary Jane (bonus prizes for correct answers in the comments). I have heard through the grapevine that I did very well on my Biology exam. While this is good news, it will in no way deter me from burning the 50 pound textbook I have been lugging around for the past four months.



Also, GO RED WINGS!



And finally, Katie and I have been playing a ton of Boggle and Scrabble. She prefers Boggle, while obviously I am obsessed with Scrabble. Tonight it was Scrabble and I opened with a bingo (when you use all your letters and get a 50 point bonus for all you amateurs) worth 84 points. The word: WHALING. I was pretty proud. Well, the game didn't last long because it is impossible to finish a game of scrabble with Katie at night. It usually starts with a little whining and eventually she cashes out. Tonight she fell asleep with her head on the Scrabble board. My score was at 256 with about half of the letters remaining. I could have set a record. But instead Katie is getting some much needed shut eye and I am updating you on our stories from a suitcase.

Salaam Alikum

6 comments:

  1. Hoooollllyyy crap Zetta is incredibly cute! Congratulations on your biology exam and scrabble score and on a music-related note (ha) I saw Bonnie 'Prince' Billy a few nights ago, was on the guest list care of Drag City Records...one of the benefits of having a record store employee as a girlfriend. BUT - possibly thee best show I've ever seen...If you don't have BPB's latest record "Beware" - you need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily is a show off...

    We need to restart the online scrabble games!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily = brainy nerd
    Matthew and "whaling" = brainy nerd 2, no one wants to play Scrabble with you, kind of like playing Trivial Pursuit with Uncle D

    love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom: If I'm brainy nerd 2, that makes you the mother of all nerds, mrs. 4.0 gpa. Love you too.

    Em: well done! it is 36 under perfect conditions, really it varies between 34 and 36. I figured you would get it.

    Seth: I have acquired Beware, I will listen once the dishes get stacked up. thanks for being my guru.

    Sarah: I agree about scrabble, but it's not the same since they went corprate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. weird that you bring up conor oberst because i've been listeneing to cassadaga non stop lately....

    ReplyDelete