The first is ants. They have been pestering us for about a month or two now. They like to make off with our sugar and invade our honey. At first they were isolated to the kitchen, but now they have made their way into the salon. I have tried waging chemical warfare against them using baking soda. This worked in the short term, but they have come back with vengeance. Any suggestions?
The second is mosquitoes. The weather has turned lovely here. It has been in the high seventies and eighties, which is delightful. However, these means the mosquitoes are out, and by out I mean out to get us. I have three bites on my shoulder within a circumference of 1 inch. Annoying to say the least. Luckily malaria is not very prevalent in this part of Africa. I will say that the mosquitoes are a lot bigger here, and a lot faster. Sometimes it seems they have the reflexes of flies.
The third bug was a flu bug that hit me Tuesday night. It hit me hardest last night however, giving me a hundred degree fever, and causing me to hallucinate, as is my usual custom when I am feverish. By hallucinate I mean I was pretending I was an aborigine in Australia becoming a man by going on "walkabout." It was a miserable night of tossing, turning, moaning, shivering, and sweating. This is Africa. My fever broke today around 6 pm, just in time to give Zetta a bath, and then enjoy a film:

I was terrified of Star Trek growing up for some unknown reason. I remember it giving me a stomach ache if I watched it for long periods of time. That being said, I had no expectations for this film, so when it turned out to be slightly badass, I was delightfully surprised.
Matthew's grade: B+
We are off to the city tomorrow, to visit our good friends.
salaam alikum.

Glad you are feeling better.
ReplyDeleteAnts = pepper maybe
http://www.thefrugallife.com/ants.html
Star Trek scariness = butt faces
Sarah's suggested link has a solution that sounds a lot like the "ant traps" we buy but in a more "basic" form: Indoor Ant Control - boric acid, PB, cracker in a box.
ReplyDeleteWhat about those ants exploding after eating Cream of Wheat?