Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Magnum and Titan

Last night Katie and I watched the Best Foreign Language Academy Award winner Departures. We both really enjoyed it, and it made us want to go to Japan. It follows the story of a cellist turned mortician, as he returns with his wife to his hometown in the countryside.

Matthew's grade: B+ Katie's grade: A

I tried calling the IRS yesterday but a machine answered and informed me that it was memorial day, which is a federal holiday. Oops. I later discussed this with my pals J and A, via Vonage phone, and A asked if we would be flying any flags on memorial day. She then decided it was prolly more likely for flags to be burned here than flown. We all found this laughable.

Today my call went through without any machines, except the ones playing classical music and tell me to hold for a half hour. I was a little intimidated calling the IRS but it really turned out to be no big deal at all. I had a lovely representative named Candice (not her real name) and I even got her laughing a couple times. We had accidentally given our accountant (my step dad, whom I like referring to as my accountant) the wrong SSN for Zetta. It is all cleared up now though and they are sending some $ our way soon. We plan to buy a car with this which would be amazing.

After talking with Candice (I forgot her name alright!) we ate lunch and then went out and got some icecream to celebrate. There is no Lickity Split, Rita's, or Jackie's Depot in these parts. Not even an icecream truck. So we went to the hanut (carry out) and picked up a Titan for me, and a Magnum for Katie. The Titan is pistachio icecream covered with chocolate and pistachios. It also comes in Vanilla. The Magnum is more high end, as it is chocolate icecream covered with chocolate. It also comes in Caramel. I think the Titan is the better of the two. This is very debatable however.


salaam alikum

3 comments:

  1. I'd go with the Magnum! (That's what she said...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad everything worked out after the accountant's mistake. I have a check to deposit for you from the Buckeye State. Call me and we can work out details. We have found another great ice cream place here in BG. Your sister is a bit ridiculous...but good usage. Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, good usage.

    ReplyDelete