Monday, April 13, 2009

Seven Months from a Suitcase

Zetta turned seven months old on Saturday. I gave her a special present. The Ducky Walker, as seen above, had been terrorizing our household with his obnoxious quacking for weeks. It was the loudest toy known to mankind. You could not hear the TV over him, talk at the dinner table, or even hear yourself think. Zetta was terrified of the quacking. Something needed to be done. While Zetta was asleep I gathered my tools and set off to settle the score with the Quack Attack.


Equipped with a bag of cotton balls, a flat head screwdriver, and a personal manicure kit I started my "dad project" in the privacy of our bedroom. This inolved tearing apart cotton balls and then jamming them through plastic slits into the speaker to muffle the noise. I used the cuticle pusher backer (I don't know the real name, maybe Shu could help me with that one) and it worked like a charm. It was my first time using the cuticlizer (definately not the right name) and I have to say I am pretty impressed with it. All this to say, the Quack Attack has been subdued, and peace has been restored to our village.

5 comments:

  1. Great ingenuity! It sounds similar to how we "silenced" the chiming of the wall clock in our living room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, we watched the video and unanimously agreed that that duck was out of control.

    PS- We watched Slumdog and Seven Pounds. Amazing. I would watch them both again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you were close enough, im pretty sure it's just called a cuticle pusher!! nice guessing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cuticle pusher is correct. It also goes by hoof stick.

    ReplyDelete