
Matthew says: "A great treatise on immigration in post 9-11 America. It was shot beautifully, Jenkins was incredible, and Hiam Abbass is lovely in every way."
Matthew's grade: B+
Matthew says: "Another great film to tally onto Eastwood's resume. I thought Jolie was amazing, so much so that I think she deserved the Oscar more than Winslett...well maybe not, but close. Also I love Malkovich's preacher role."Matthew's Grade: B+
Matthew says: "A decent depiction of America's debt crisis. Also a good start to understanding the global financial crisis. A little too sterile though."Matthew's Grade: C+
Matthew says: "Craig is still a great fit as Bond. This film was way more homogenous than Casino Royale. The latter film was very "partsy" and lacked smoothness. This new film transitioned well from start to finish but lacked the amazing action sequences that Casino Royale used to resuscitate the James Bond series."Matthew's grade: B-

Your reviews are so funny to read - maybe you should take up being a critic as a second job!
ReplyDeleteI was just talking to my mom about Changeling today. I wish I would have made a copy she could watch. I gave it 5/5 on Netflix, so I obviously liked it a lot. Then again I love anything Clint Eastwood.
ReplyDeleteI liked Quantum of Solace way more than Casino Royale, well since I didn't really like C.R. that much at all.
I just watched Splinter the other night, and as far as far as recent horror movies go, it was pretty good.
Can a Bond movie really score higher than a B+, I mean, on a seriously critical scale? Nonetheless, Casino Royale was like a mountaintop experience for Bond, I don't imagine they will ever come close. So given that I didn't expect the same level of raw, I really enjoyed Kwantum of Soulass.
ReplyDeleteYeah - I watched the Spirit over the weekend.
ReplyDeleteI wasn't familiar with the comic so I can't compare it with that, but I really liked it - even though it was so weird.
Have you seen it? What did you think of it?!