Sunday, April 26, 2009

Katie's Birthday

Katie turned a whopping 24 today. Zetta and I are proud of her on many levels. We have been celebrating her 24 years throughout the weekend.
On Friday we had some friends over to watch the results show for American Idol. My girl Lil is gone which was a bummer, but she has been bringing it weak, so I wasn't that worried. Katie made homemade calzones, which were amaaazing, and I followed her act with a dark chocolate cake, covered with chocolate mousse, and crushed chocolate covered cookies n' cream. It was a lovely evening.
Saturday we went to the big city to visit our friends and celebrate the birthdays. Nezha and Katie are born on the same day so we always have a party of sorts. We feasted on a banana cream pie, chocolate cake, sodas, and finally erupted into a dance party:


Today we have stayed in our pajamas most of the day due to the awful weather. IT WAS SNOWING TODAY!! It was like 80 on Friday. I might have had a few choice words for mother nature as I took the garbage out this morning. Katie had a special birthday breakfast consisting of BACON. We are such heathens.


Well, we are off to church, where I'm sure there will be more birthday happenings!

5 comments:

  1. Zetta can really shake it! :o)
    Happy Birthday Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome dance party video! Glad you were able to have a bacon feast as part or your celebration of Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Katie! Sounds like you guys were able to celebrate in style! I'm glad we got to talk with you yesterday, Praying for you as always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the bacon looks good, but beware of the swine flu, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great time had by all. Katie, I love you and happy belated birthday. The week has gotten away from me. Did you get your package?

    ReplyDelete