Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Watermelon Season: the Souk part 2

Since Katie gave you a macro-level approach to the souk, I figured I would zoom in and speak of watermelon season. The melons here are sooo delicious. Lately we have been getting watermelon, another kind of melon that is across between cantaloupe and honeydew, and another that is like honeydew with a bright yellow rind. I need to do further melon research to determine their rightful names.

Anyways...Ever seen a watermelon truck?

This nice melon salesman was cutting up slices for people to sample.

Zetta seemed quite angry that she didn't get a piece.

She got over it though and was willing to cuddle in the taxi ride home.

In other news, Katie is miserably sick. She either has a stomach virus or food poisoning. Luckily, Zetta and I are in the clear. If it is food poisoning, the only thing Katie ate at the church potluck last night that I didn't eat: Watermelon.

salaam alikum

4 comments:

  1. Feel better soon Katie!

    Matthew - give that girl some watermelon (once you know it doesn't cause food poisoning)! Mike once let Sam eat half a cantaloupe (yes, literally half) while I was at work - he was about Zetta's age; his poop smelled great for days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an appealing and yet dangerous fruit. I'd hate to judge it..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to try the cantaloupe trick. The greenbean/squash mixture has been making for some rowdy pampers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried feeding her a little baby bite of canteloupe once but she couldn't get it down. I think she needs some teeth!

    ReplyDelete