Monday, June 8, 2009

Up

Another reason I'm not so cranky about Lucas selling out the Star Wars franchise is it helped him to get the necessary capital to start Pixar. Of course Lucas sold Pixar long before Toy Story blew us all away, but never the less, we must give credit where credit is due. This is a prime example of one man's creation, begetting even more creation. Who knows what Rowling could do with the proceeds from "selling out." Maybe she would continue in her human rights work and eradicate child-homelessness throughout the world. We will never know unless she sells her soul.



Speaking of Pixar, we watched Up this weekend. What a great follow up to Wall-e. Anyone who knows me well knows the concept of a house flying to S. America via a gigantic bouquet of balloons speaks to my soul very very deeply.

Matthew's grade: A- (the dogs in airplanes gave it the minus)

I mean Pixar just can't make a bad film. I remember when Katie and I were living in a van down by the river, Shawnee State had a movie night in the planetarium. While Cars, is not my favorite Pixar movie, watching it in the dome of observation of the universe made it AMAZING!

This brings me to a very very important question. What is your favorite Pixar movie? Here is a refresher list for all of you. Leave your favorite in the comments. (Bonus prizes for guessing my favorite)

salaam alikum

8 comments:

  1. Toy Story is my favorite (I think). Sam's favorite right now is Monsters Inc. I am guessing that Monster's Inc is your favorite too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Picking a fav. is tough, and everyone is gonna hate me for picking it...Finding Nemo. I could watch it once a year without getting sick of it- I couldn't say that about the other classics. I think your fav. is Toy Story, close second would be Wall-E.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I have yet to see "Up", "Toy Story" is my favorite. Not just because of it's ground-breaking significance, but also because the dynamic between Tom Hanks and Tim Allen, so good.

    If not "Toy Story" as well, for similar reasons, I think yours could be "Finding Nemo". Cause you are such a sucker for for father/son soul searching stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frankie and I want to take Omri to see UP! very much right now. I love Monsters Inc., as well as Meet the Robinsons and Bee Movie--although I believe those aren't Pixar films.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peter and Katie take the cake. Toy Story is my favorite. Although Peter is penalized, because I HATE NEMO! It's my least favorite.

    Honorable mention goes to Sarah, Monster's Inc. is my second fav. because the concept of kids laughter making energy is beautiful, and the art during the opening sequence and end credits is some of my favorite art ever. 'nuff said

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a tie between Finding Nemo and Monsters Inc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah says she chose Monsters Inc. based on the credits. Nunny's fav: Monsters Inc. followed by Toy Story....love Boo!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I should have gone with my gut and said Toy Story but I honestly thought you would be more of a sucker for the retro artwork at the beginning of Monsters.

    ReplyDelete