Monday, June 29, 2009

Potter Revisited

We have been preparing ourselves for the 6th Harry Potter movie by working our way through the first five films. I have decided the movies aren't that bad. I do wonder what it's like to see the movies without reading the books.

I have decided the 3rd movie is my favorite: Prisoner of Azkaban. The mood really changes and the film is a lot darker than the first two. Also I like the new Dumbledore better. Chime in with your favorite of the movies.

I am also rereading the 6th book at the moment: the Half-blood Prince. It is my second reading of the book and I am really enjoying it. When a new Harry Potter book comes out, I usually allot two 12 hour segments and press right through because I am so anxious to see what happens. This second reading has almost been more enjoyable, because it is a little slower of a pace and I can really soak it all in.

I have to say my favorite book was the 4th one (Goblet of Fire). I am a big fan of the tri-wizard tourney, and it's really the book the got me to keep reading the series. When Cedric dies and Voldemort comes back that was a very big "oh shit!" moment. Obviously the 7th book is up there too, but I think 5, 6, and 7, are more like one story than three separate ones. Chime in with your favorites.

salaam alikum

4 comments:

  1. liking the new Dumbledore better...no way! Love the first one and thoroughly miss him in the movies! Goblet of Fire definitely my favorite of the books! Nice call! Not sure about the movies...Maybe the first for the sheer introduction of the series and fun of meeting them for the first time. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Worst movie: 4! and it's the only book Mike hasn't read; he's rereading them all right now though (he is currently on Azkaban).

    Best movie: Sorcerer's Stone (or Philosopher's Stone if you are British like JKR) because it follows the book the closest. This however isn't my favorite of the books.

    Best Book: All of them are the best but Azkaban and Order of Pheonix are my favs. I think... They are all great!

    P.S. I am almost done with Tunnels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the third book is by far my favorite

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the 3rd has the strongest plot, and I'm a sucker for time travel.

    ReplyDelete