On Sunday I told my friend Simon I was in need of an adventure. I am high maintence when it comes to adventures. As if living in Africa with your wife and a baby isn't enough. Anyways Simon said he had to go to the big city to get his motorcylce from the mechanic and I could come along if I liked. Simon said this was sure to be an adventure because his motorcylce breaks down pretty much every other day. Biking through the mountainside on a vehicle that may or may not make it. It sounded so beautiful. We would be like Che Guevara and Alberto Granado. Katie gave me the okay, and the next day Simon and I were off to the big city.
Simon's motorcyle is a three wheeler. Here is a picture of one like his.

When we got to the mechanic he gave us terrible news. The bike would not be ready until Thursday. We were both very very bummed, and I have been in a small funk since. Our hope of adventure and breaking down in the country side was shot. We dragged our dispointed legs to the taxi stand and caught a cab to a village about a half hour away from ours. We had to get another cab in this village to get back home. While we were waiting for transport I bought some sweets to help cheer us up. It lifted our spirits a bit, and finally we found ourselves riding home in a 1970's Mercedes Benz instead of Simon's beloved bike. I guess the Simon and Matthew Motorcylce Diaries will have to wait. :(

I'll wait for the next installment. I like all your "wiki" links.
ReplyDeleteI probably shouldn't liken you to the everyday doings of a Guevara over the public internet. But should you choose to partake, make sure I get the scoop:)
ReplyDeleteAll jokes aside, hair, crappy motors, and mountainsides are usually enough for a few good stories. Have fun.
I'm quite jealous. That's a beautiful machine...and I've been having dreams about motorcycles lately.
ReplyDeleteSeth, do you have a blog? If not start one stat. If so how do i read it?
ReplyDeleteMatt, I do not. I'll think about it...
ReplyDelete