I wanted this movie to change my life. I don't know why but I had a lot of expectations. Probably because it is about a couple about to have a baby who are traveling all over the place to find a somewhere to settle. Hmm... It was an okay movie, but it didn't change my life. Upon seeing the film I have become fearful that John Krasinski has 'Chandler-Bing Syndrome'. Matthew's Grade: C+
First PersonKatie and I are working through the two season's of Errol Morris' First Person. He interviews the most bizarre people ever, from a gigantic squid fisherman, to a woman with aspberger's who designs cattle slaughtering technologies. Obviously this is right up my alley. Morris' interviews are some of the craziest interviews you will ever see. Matthew's grade: B+
Confessions of a SuperheroI haven't been watching too many movies lately but this one was great. It follows the lives of people who dress like superheroes and try to make money on Hollywood blvd. What can I say, I am a sucker for pan handlers. And pan handlers dressed in superhero costumes... I think I found a new vocation. Matthew's Grade: B+
Curse Your Branches by David BazanI think Bazan is probably the best living song writer. And this album is probably his best lyrically yet. While the content has upset a lot of evangelicals, I still find his honesty brutal and beautiful. Watch the video if you are interested. Matthew's grade: A


I liked away we go, but I wish it wouldn't have gotten so serious. The over the top couples were really annoying, I thought it was suppose to be realistic then they threw in these over the top characters and it really took me out of it a little bit. The part about the miscarriage was one of the sadder things I had seen in a movie in a while.
ReplyDeletePS - I found a different way to get comic books (without torrents) where you can just get one at a time, if that interests you...
While I actually liked Matthew Perry in Studio 60 before it was cancelled, I also think Johnny K has severe limitations in acting.
ReplyDeleteThe woman you are referring to is Temple Grandin. She has done amazing research that has also impacted OT and work with autistic children.
ReplyDelete